Saturday, April 14, 2012
Seinan Gakuin University, Community Center (East Campus)
How can we help students raise their motivation? Is motivation different for different age groups and levels? Questions for thought (please feel free to bring your own as well!):
* What are your favorite techniques to motivate students?
* Is the threat of punishment motivating?
* Are rewards motivating? How about extrinsic vs. intrinsic rewards? How should we praise?
* Does testing help motivation?
* What’s motivating for you as a teacher? What did you find motivating as a student?
Teachers of all ages and situations are welcome! Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting. It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community.